Date(s) - 01/21/2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Understanding Requirements for Radio Frequency Testing
with Capt. James Groff, CFPE
Jacksonville Fire & Rescue Department
James Groff is a Capt. with the City of Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department with 18 years of service and is currently assigned to the Fire Marshalls Office of Plans review.
He is an advocate for local and state life safety legislation and is currently the Chair for the non-binding interpretation board Committee with The Florida Fire Marshalls Association.
He will be discussing the Florida Fire Prevention Code requirements for minimum radio strength in commercial buildings to Include:
· Statutory and Code language to include a Declaratory statement for clarity to the rule.
· Explanation as to how it applies to new and existing occupancies and the timeline for compliance.
· Building survey requirements to include radio coverage areas and signal strength needed as a minimum.
· Permitting Process
· Commissioning and testing procedures
· Owner maintenance responsibilities
Bookings are closed for this event.